- 1 courgette, coarsely grated
- 50g (scant 1/2 cup) broccoli florets, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons wholemeal flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- small handful of parsley leaves, chopped, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 40g (1.oz) goats’ cheese, crumbled
I just adore this for Sunday breakfast with friends. Make sure you really squeeze the liquid out of the courgette. Try it with different cheeses; it also works well with feta and Parmesan.
- For the fritters, place the veggies, flour, baking powder, egg, parsley, salt and pepper in a large bowl and mix well to make a batter.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick frying pan over medium heat.
- Add 1 tablespoonful of the batter to form each fritter; you should have enough to make 6. Cook for about 2 minutes, then flip the fritters when the bases are nice and golden.
- Cook for a couple more minutes on the other side until cooked through. Set aside and keep warm.
- Return the pan to the heat and add the remaining oil. Fry the eggs in the oil until done to your liking. Serve the fritters with the fried eggs, sprinkled with the goats’ cheese and a little more parsley.
Receive 10 free recipes to your inbox!
Sign up and we will send you 10 free recipes