- 600g (1lb 5oz) skinless salmon fillets
- 2 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 tablespoons peeled and grated
- fresh root ginger
- large handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- finely grated zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon groundnut oil
- sea salt and black pepper
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 cucumber
- 150g (2 cups) sugar snap peas, shredded
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tablespoon black and white sesame seeds
- 50g (1/2 cup) cashew nuts, roasted and chopped
- handful of flat leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
As this weekend is the last bank holiday of the summer I have decided to share with you a perfect summer recipe for you to enjoy with your family on a barbecue. These work brilliantly with a little Indian curry paste too, and with ground pork or chicken.
Top Tip: I batch and freeze them in clingfilm.
Put the salmon into a food processor with the curry paste, ginger, coriander and lime zest, season to taste and whizz until finely chopped and coming together. Shape into 4 flattened patties, cover and chill for 10 minutes to firm up.
Meanwhile, use a vegetable peeler to peel the cucumber into ribbons, discarding the inner seedy core. Put into a salad bowl with the remaining salad ingredients and toss to coat.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick frying pan and fry the salmon burgers for 10 minutes, turning once, until cooked through. Serve the burgers with the salad.
Receive 10 free recipes to your inbox!
Sign up and we will send you 10 free recipes