Turkish Breakfast Scramble (v)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- small knob of butter
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 orange pepper, cored, deseeded and chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 2 plum tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon dried chill flakes
- small handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 slices of good wholemeal bread, toasted
- 25g (scant 1/4 cup) feta, crumbled
- sea salt and black pepper
This is my take on menemen, the just-set egg, tomato and olive oil scramble from Turkey that’s so very delicious. It is wonderful topped with a little salty feta.
- Heat the oil and butter in a nonstick frying pan and gently sauté the onion and pepper for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes and keep cooking until the tomatoes have lost most of their moisture.
- Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, beat together the eggs, chilli flakes, parsley and some salt and pepper.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are just set. Serve immediately on the toast, sprinkled with feta.
Receive 10 free recipes to your inbox!
Sign up and we will send you 10 free recipes